The Hamilton Downtown, Barton and Kenilworth Multi-Residential Property Investment Program, helps stimulate residential development within Downtown Hamilton, the Barton Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) and the commercial corridors along Barton Street, east of the Barton Village BIA and along Kenilworth Avenue North as identified in the Downtown and Community Renewal Community Renewal Community Improvement Project Area.
The program provides financial assistance for projects in residential development including:
- Converting existing commercial space into multiple residential units
- Renovations to existing multiple dwelling units
- Creation of new multiple dwelling on vacant land
- Together with uses accessory to the residential development
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program terms. (PDF, 287 KB)
- Complete the Hamilton Downtown, Barton and Kenilworth Multi-Residential Property Investment Program application form (PDF, 136 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Attention: Hazel Milsome, Co-ordinator of Urban Renewal Incentives
- You will need to pay the $327.70 initial administration fee when you submit your application.
- Date modified: