The Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant Program provides matching grants between $1,000 to $5,000 for the conservation and restoration of cultural heritage resources.
The objective of this program is to assist in the on-going conservation of heritage properties designated under the Ontario Heritage Act that are not eligible for the Hamilton Heritage Property Grant Program.
Program eligibility requirements include:
- The eligible property must not be in arrears or default of any municipal taxes.
- The eligible property must not be the subject to any outstanding Fire Code, Building Code or Property Standards orders. Any outstanding violations on the property for which the grant is sought must be addressed prior to any grant monies being advanced.
- The existing use of the eligible property must be in compliance with applicable Zoning By-law regulations and other relevant planning regulations.
- Owners and tenants of eligible properties may apply for assistance. Tenants are required to provide documentation of the property owner’s consent to the improvements with their application.
- Eligible properties owned by any level of government are not eligible for the Program, except in the following cases where:
- the property is under long-term lease to an individual and the tenant or lessee is the applicant; or,
- a non-profit community group has assumed, by long-term lease or legal agreement, responsibility for the building and the non-profit community group is the applicant.
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program term (PDF, 179 KB)
- Complete the Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant Program application form (PDF, 26 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2755
- You will need to pay the $96.05 administration fee when you submit your application.
- Date modified: