The Hamilton Heritage Property Grant Program provides financial assistance in the form of a grant for:
- structural/stability work required to conserve and restore heritage features of properties
- the conservation and restoration of heritage features of properties
- heritage studies/reports/assessments for properties that are designated under Parts IV or V of the Ontario Heritage Act
Eligible properties must be:
- Located within a Downtown Hamilton or Community Downtowns, Mount Hope/Airport Gateway
- Located within an active Business Improvement Area within the City of Hamilton
- Located with Commercial Corridors as identified in the Downtown and Community Renewal Community Improvement Project Area
- Designated under Parts IV or V of the Ontario Heritage Act and located within the lower city between Highway 403 and the Red Hill Valley Parkway and used for commercial, institutional or multi-residential purposes.
The objective of the program is to assist in development and re-using heritage properties. City Council values heritage properties as important to the urban revitalization and regeneration.
Conservation and restorative initiatives must be consistent with the policies, principles and design themes contained within the Downtown Hamilton Secondary Plan, relevant Urban Design Guidelines, regulations contained within the applicable Zoning By-laws as well as any other City Council approved policies or regulations.
How to apply
- Review the full program description, including program terms. (PDF, 200 KB)
- Complete the Hamilton Heritage Property Grant Program application form (PDF, 340 KB) and submit in person or by mail to:
City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West, 7th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2755
- You will need to pay the administration fee when you submit your application:
- The fee is $265.55 for grants less than or equal to $12,500
- The fee is $406.80 for grants greater than $12,500
- Date modified: