The Stay-at-Home Order is expected to last until at least May 20, 2021. Under the Order, residents must remain at home at all times, with exceptions for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for essential work. Businesses across the province must ensure that any employee who can work from home, does work from home.
These restrictions have a number of specific impacts in the City of Hamilton.
On April 17, 2021 the City will close the following:
- All sets of escarpment stairs
- All municipal playgrounds / play structures are open
- All municipal park amenities including soccer fields, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, skateboard parks, and the Gage Park Pump Track.
- Residents are welcome to enjoy park greenspaces with members of their own household while keeping appropriate physical distance from others.
- No organized or pick-up games are permitted.
- Chedoke Golf Course and King’s Forest Golf Course will be closed to play.
- Residents are welcome to enjoy golf course greenspaces with members of their own household while keeping appropriate physical distance from others.
- Golfing or other sports are not permitted.
- Affected City Services
- City Media Release April 16, 2021
- COVID-19 Restrictions
- COVID-19 Guide for Hamilton Residents