All City of Hamilton administrative offices will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17, 2020
- For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems, public health and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Green Cart, Recycling and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green cart, blue box, bulk waste, yard waste, or garbage pick-up on Monday, February 17.
- Your pick-up will be one day later if it falls on or after the holiday.
- Waste must be at the curb by 7 am.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed on Monday, February 17.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday schedule on Monday, February 17.
- HSR Customer Service Office located at 36 Hunter Street East will be closed on Monday February 17.
- Call HSR information at 905-527-4441 for more details.
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, February 17.
- All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, February 17.
- If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so.
ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, February 17.
- Visit the Family Day Recreation Schedule for a list of activities offered on Monday, February 17.
- Family Day Skates on Monday, February 17.
Senior Centres/Clubs will be operating on a modified schedule. Club 60, Dundas, Flamborough, Rosedale, Warden Park and Winona Senior Clubs will be opened.
Hamilton Civic Museums
- Dundurn National Historic Site, Whitehern Historic House & Garden, Battlefield House Museum & Park, Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology, Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum and Hamilton Children’s Museum are offering engaging Family Day programming.
- Griffin House National Historic Site is closed.
- For further details, please visit www.hamilton.ca/familydaymuseums
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre
- Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre - Lister Building, 28 James Street North will be closed on Monday, February 17.
Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse
The Gage Park Tropical Greenhouse will be open on Monday, February 17 from 9 to 5 pm
For further information www.hamilton.ca/tropicalhouse
Hamilton Farmers' Market
The Farmers' Market hours are as follows:
- Saturday, February 15 - 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, February 16 - Closed
- Monday, February 17 - Closed
- Tuesday, February 18 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday, February 19 - Closed
- Thursday, February 20 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Friday, February 21 - 8 am to 6 pm
Hamilton Public Library
- Central Library and Turner Park Branch will be open Monday, February 17 from 1 to 5 pm
- No extended access hours at Freelton and Lynden Branches. There is no bookmobile service.
- Extended study access hours at the Red Hill and Terryberry locations resume on Tuesday February 18.
- All other Hamilton Public Library locations will be closed on Monday, February 17 for the Family Day holiday.
- Please visit www.hpl.ca for more information.
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-2489
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- All Ontario Works offices will be closed on Monday, February 17, and will reopen Tuesday, February 18 at 8:30 am.
- The Housing Services office at 350 King Street East will be closed be closed on Monday, February 17 and will reopen Tuesday, February 18 at 8:30 am.
- The Animal Services Shelter will be closed on Sunday, February 16 and Monday, February 17.
- For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call: 905-574-3433 or visit www.hamilton.ca/animalservices
Property Tax Payments
- The City of Hamilton offers five convenient ways to pay your property taxes. Learn about the payment options at www.hamilton.ca/PayYourPropertyTax
- If your preferred method of payment is in person, during the holiday, you may submit your property tax payment into a drop box at the rear doors of City Hall, 71 Main St. W.
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed on Monday, February 17.
Municipal Service Centre locations:
- The Parking Office at 80 Main Street West will be closed Monday, Februrary 17.
- Online payments can be made at: www.hamilton.ca/pay-your-ticket
Payment of parking violations can be made by mail to the pre-printed address indicated on the parking tag or dropped off into the drop box at the nearest Municipal Service Centre or Taxation Division (noted above). The Hamilton Municipal Parking System office at 80 Main St. West, at Summers Lane, also accepts payments for parking violations at its drop box.