HAMILTON, ON - May 19, 2017 - While the rain storm has passed, road closures and service impacts are still being dealt with. Homeowners in Hamilton are also reminded to be cautious around watercourses due to the high water levels.
- York Road is closed while crews assess the condition of a damaged culvert and embankment.
Parks and trails
- The Waterfront Trail is closed between Bayfront Park and Cootes Drive for repairs due to erosion along the trail
- The Rail Trail is closed between Wentworth Street South and the Kimberly Stairs
- Spencer Creek Trail is closed due to flooding
- Fifty Road Parkette “Window to the Lake” is closed due to high water levels
Sports fields and diamonds
All fields and diamonds are open, except:
- Red Hill Bowl Diamonds 1, 2, 3
Further updates will be shared via the City’s Twitter channel @cityofhamilton.