In the event of a postal disruption at Canada Post that may begin on or after October 22, 2018, we ask that citizens please make alternative arrangements to ensure the timely receipt of their payment to the City.
Payment options may include:
- Online for specific services such as Licensing, Recreation, Provincial Offences, etc.
- In-Person at the service location
- Over-the-phone payments for certain services such as Provincial Offences Office and Animal Services.
- Property tax payments can be made at most banks or financial institutions in person, at the automated teller machine (ATM), or through their internet or telephone banking. Property tax payments may also be made in person at your local Municipal Service Centre.
Please visit the applicable service page on the City’s website for more information on payment options.
Late payment fees will not be waived in the event that the payment is not received on or before payment due date.
- Vendors can pick up cheques at 120 King Street, 9th floor, Thursdays and Fridays, between 1 and 3 pm.
- Cheques will not be available for pick-up outside of these days/hours
- Available EFT forms
Visit www.hamilton.ca/ontarioworks for information on social assistance payments
If you have any questions, please free to call 905-546-2489.