The City of Hamilton has installed Poster Kiosk and Collars to make it easier for you to display your posters.
They are currently located in:
- the Downtown core
- International Village
View a street map of the locations of the kiosks and collars (PDF, 1.4 MB)]
A poster does not require a Sign By-law permit, however there are requirements that you need to follow:
- Be no bigger than 28 cm wide by 44 cm high (11 inches by 17 inches)
- Only one poster advertising the same event or activity per pole/kiosk/poster sleeve or utility pole
- A minimum of 200 m is required between postings
- Be attached with adhesive tape
- Be made of biodegradable material
- Be posted no earlier than 21 days before the event and removed within three days after the event
Collars and Kiosks will be cleaned and maintained the first week of each month.
No person can place any poster on a:
- Utility pole on any median, traffic island or central boulevard
- Traffic signal or traffic control device
We may remove and dispose of posters at any time, without notice or compensation.
- Date modified: