Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
The City of Hamilton enters into funding agreements with licensed child care operators in order to assist eligible families with their child care costs and for the purpose of distributing funding to eligible operators.
Funding agreements ensure:
- child care operators are in compliance with Municipal and Provincial guidelines and legislation.
- the City has quality child care options for Hamilton families.
Applying for a Funding Agreement
Any new licensed child care operators wanting to enter into a funding agreement with the City of Hamilton, contact:
Supervisor of Child Care System Support
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 3091
Expansion or reconfiguration of an existing contract
- Contracts with the City of Hamilton are not transferrable.
- Operators should not enter into any agreement to sell, purchase, merge or transfer ownership/control (through the sale of share or assets) of a centre with an existing contract unless a request for a new contract has been approved.
- Operators who want to expand their program to serve additional age groups must contact the City of Hamilton before expansion to review their current Funding Agreement for fee subsidy.
- Operators who want to expand their program with new sites must contact the City of Hamilton to apply for a revised Schedule A.
When reviewing requests for service expansion, the City will consider the following:
- Child care license history
- Program budget and financial history
- Expenses funded by the City of Hamilton related to reconfiguration cannot be included in current or future operation budgets as amortization cost.
- Funding entitlement for the balance of the year will be reassessed.
- Any increases to a program will not be eligible for additional funding until the following calendar year.
- Any extra funding previously approved prior to program changes is to be returned to the City or to be used as otherwise deemed appropriate by the City.
Funding agreement defaults
The goal of the child care services management is to maintain funding agreements with child care programs. However, there may be occasions when an operator finds they are in default of their funding agreement. The following will explain what a potential default is and what action the City of Hamilton will take to fix it.
The following events shall constitute funding agreement defaults:
- Knowingly providing false or misleading information
- Breaching any material requirements of the Agreement
- Changes to operations which effect eligibility requirements
- Changes in ownership or centre closure
- Arrangement for the benefit of creditors is made
- An event of Force Majeure has continued for a period of 60 days or more
Child Care Services Management will work with programs to ensure that required standards are realized by providing the child care operator with an opportunity to fix the default. The City will inform the operator of the particulars of the default and provide a period of time in which to fix the situation.
If any of the above defaults have occurred the City may at any time take one or more of the following actions:
- Initiate any action necessary in order to facilitate the continuation or provision of services
- Suspend payment of funds
- Reduce amount of funds
- Demand repayment of funds
- Terminate agreement
Termination of the Funding Agreement
Either party may terminate the funding agreement in whole or part with respect to the delivery of any particular service upon 90 days’ written notice to the other party. If the agreement is terminated in part, all obligations with respect to delivery of all other services continue in full force and effect.
Any decisions made by child care system support may be appealed by writing to the Director of Children’s and Home Management Services. The child care operator should specify the reasons why they do not agree with the decision. The Director will review the appeal and respond in writing within 10 days of receiving the written appeal.
Appeals are to be submitted to:
Child Care System Support Team
- Date modified: