Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure Tuesday evening
The City of Hamilton’s Hauled Sewage program ensures that hauled sewage is handled and disposed of in an appropriate and responsible manner to protect public health, property and the environment.
Domestic sewage is:
- Human body waste
- Toilet or other bathroom waste
- Liquid or waterborne culinary or sink waste
- Residential laundry waste
Industrial sewage is sewage from any agricultural, commercial, industrial or institution premises or any other premises where the sewage includes significant quantities of sewage of non‐human origin or differs significantly from domestic sewage.
Acceptable waste includes domestic and industrial sewage generated within Hamilton.
Unacceptable waste includes but is not limited to:
- Waste generated outside the city of Hamilton
- Hazardous industrial wastes
- Hazardous waste chemicals
- Ignitable wastes
- Pathological wastes
- PCB wastes
- Reactive wastes
- Severely toxic wastes
- Radioactive wastes
- Grease trap waste from restaurants and food service facilities
- Waste containing solid materials capable of causing obstruction or damage to city infrastructure
- Date modified: