Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure TONIGHT
Beauty and body art are referred to as “personal services” and places that offer these services are called personal services settings.
Personal services settings for beauty and body art include:
- Hair salons and barber shops
- Places that provide manicures and pedicures
- Places that provide waxing and facials
- Tattoo studios
- Body piercing shops
- Places that provide ear piercing
- Places that provide electrolysis
- Places that provide permanent make-up services
You must have a Business License to operate in the City of Hamilton.
Public health inspectors inspect personal services settings every year for:
- personal hygiene
- cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of equipment
- maintenance of the facility
It is important that proper infection control practices are followed at all times to reduce the risk of infections such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV as well as other bacterial and fungal infections. You do not have to see blood or body fluids on equipment or surfaces for infections to spread.
Infection control for beauty and body art shops
If you have questions about how to keep your personal services setting clean and free of infection, contact the Infectious Disease team at Public Health Services by:
- Date modified: