Menu Planning and Supportive Nutrition Environments in Child Care Settings – Practical Guide and Self-Assessment Checklist
These child care nutrition resources were created by Public Health Dietitians in Ontario to help and support providers to:
- plan and prepare healthy food for children in their care
- reflect current best practices for creating supportive nutrition environments in the child care setting
- meet the food and drink requirements set out in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA, Section 42 of Ont. Reg. 137/15)
Support & questions
For support in implementing these nutrition recommendations contact:
- Public Health Services in your area
- In Hamilton phone Health Connections at 905-546-3550
Speak to a Registered Dietitian by calling Telehealth Ontario. Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 Toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007
Visit UnlockFood.ca for information about food and nutrition.
Super Tasty Snack Ideas
Download the Super Super Tasty Snack Ideas pamphlet (PDF, 663 KB) to help plan your next healthy snack.
Join us for Child Care Nutrition Workshops
Nutrition information for families
We can provide short nutrition articles with simple and clear information on nutrition topics that affect families with children from birth to six years of age for you to put in a newsletter or post on a bulletin board.
To receive these articles six times per year, contact:
- Date modified: