Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
Great parks make great neighbourhoods!
- host litter clean ups
- add woodchips or mulch for trees
- remove or report graffiti
- weed shrub beds at least four times each year
Many groups hold events to promote park usage or fundraise for park enhancements such as benches, trees and play structures.
To recognize each Adopt-a-Park group we provide:
- a certificate of appreciation
- an Adopt-a-Park sign featuring the name of the volunteer group
Sign up to adopt a park
Benefits of parks and green spaces
Benefits of well-kept parks and public green spaces include:
- Boost to urban economy
- Natural beauty and neighbourhood gathering places
- Provides positive impression; appeals and attracts residents and visitors
- “Green infrastructure” that improves our local environment
- Prevents flooding and improves quality of water
- Cleaner air from trees; releasing oxygen and absorving polluntants
- Natural habitat for animals and birds
- Play space for children
- Promote physical activity and overall better health for all
- Date modified: