This joint initiative between the Hamilton Conservation Authority and the City of Hamilton will create a 10 km trail loop across Wards 5, 6 and 9. Design of the trail is ongoing. The trail will connect the Red Hill Valley Trail system, the Trans-Canada Trail, and the Bruce Trail.
- Construction Complete Notice: Grand Opening Celebration scheduled for Saturday June 1, 2019 at 11 am.
- The public consultation phase has completed for this project
- May 16, 2012 - Public Meeting
- May 29, 2008 - Public Meeting
Phase 1 - Complete
- This portion of the trail is along the escarpment brow between Felker's Falls to Upper Mount Albion Road.
Phase 2a - Under Construction
- Phase 2a is the development of the trail from the parking lot at Mud Street and Pritchard, across the open space south of Mud and North of the LINC to the pedestrian bridge over the LINC.
Phase 2b - Complete
- Phase 2b is the development of the trail from the pedestrian bridge across the LINC to the entrance of the Mount Albion Conservation Area on Stone Church.
Phase 3 - Complete
- Phase 3 is the development of the trail along the natural area from Winterberry to Valley Park. Existing granular and asphalt trails were upgraded to be 4 metres wide and include new lighting at Valley Park.
Phase 4 - Under construction
- Phase 4 goes through the Paramount subdivision north of Mud from Valley Park to Felker's Falls. This phase is being constructed in conjunction with the development of the new Parmount subdivision.
- Future phases will include the connection between Arbour Road to the Eramosa Karst Conservation Area through new development lands. The timing of future phases depends on the timing of the new developments.
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2289
- Date modified: