The Heritage Green Passive Park and Dog Park is located at 447 1st Road West, Hamilton. It is a joint initiative between the City of Hamilton and the Terrapure.
On April 17, 1985, Taro Aggregates Ltd. and Philip Environmental Inc. (now Terrapure) signed an agreement to develop this land into a passive park.
- June 29, 2015 – Official opening
- January 2015 – Construction substantially completed.
- September 2013 – Construction began
- May 16, 2012 - Public information centre
The park will include:
- accessible walking trails connecting the East Mountain Trail Loop, Heritage Green Community Sports Park and the Heritage Green subdivision
- seating at rests points along the trail
- a dog park
- tree planting
Due to an increase in dog park users, the proposal for the new park includes a four to five acre fenced leash-free dog park with:
- a double gate entrance
- seating areas
- shade tree planting
- a pathway
- lighting parking lot with accessible ramp
- stairs and maintenance access to the park
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1303
- Date modified: