The title “John Rebecca Park” is a working project name based on the site's location at the corner of John Street North and Rebecca Street. The site currently operates as a surface parking area. Once planned and built as a public open space it will be given a park name.
- June 27, 2012 - Public Stakeholder Group Meeting
- December 7, 2011 - Public Information Centre
- November 14, 2011 - Staff Stakeholder Group Meeting and Public Stakeholder Group Meeting
- September 12, 2011 - Public Stakeholder Group Meeting
- June 23, 2011 - Public Information Centre
- May 16, 2011 - Staff Stakeholder Group Meeting and Public Stakeholder Group Meeting
- February 17, 2011 - Staff Stakeholder Group Meeting and Public Stakeholder Group Meeting
- November 2010 - Master Plan Process began
Project references and images
- Conceptual plan (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Aerial photo (PDF, 4.6 MB)
- Master Plan Project Charter January 2011 (PDF, 32 KB)
- Gallery concept (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Ridge concept (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Grove concept (PDF, 1.6 MB)
This location is currently a surface parking lot. It will be redeveloped into a park to make downtown living more attractive and promote downtown revitalization.
Development of the site is under consideration along with the review of the Downtown Secondary Plan.
Le'Ann Whitehouse Seely
Manager of Landscape Architectural Services
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 2347
- Date modified: