Johnson Tew Community Park is a 37 acre (15 ha) parcel of land located at 20 Medwin Drive, Hamilton.
This land is being developed into a community park and Hamilton's first arboretum.
May/June 2016 – Substantial completion, weather permitting.
September 21, 2015 - Construction begins. Construction by Alpine Green Contracting.
January 2013 - Stage 3 archaeological assessment began
December 2012 - Stage 1 and 2 archaeological assessment report submitted to the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sports
June 13, 2011 - Public information centre
Johnson Tew Community Park will feature:
- a playground nestled in an arboretum environment
- a 1.8 km, 3 m wide accessible asphalt trail system
- educational interpretive panels
- rain gardens and bioswales to manage stormwater
- 400 native and ornamental trees planted over four years
The trail system will have two connected trails. The Lafarge Trail, located along the Lafarge Dundas Quarry will feature two lookouts; one facing north and one facing west. The Tew Laneway features leisure walks though the arboretum with benches every 120 m.
The parking lot will accommodate school buses.
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1303
- Date modified: