Valley Community Centre Park is a 4 hectare (10 acre) community park located at 287 Old Guelph Road in Dundas, Ontario (Ward 13). It contains two baseball diamonds, separated junior and senior playgrounds, basketball court, sun shelter, and granular parking lot.
The neighbourhood is rural, and the park is bordered by naturalized areas to the north, east, and south. Nearby housing is primarily single detached, with some medium-density residential.
A creek runs through the northern tip of the park and continues eastward under Highway No 6. A Utility Corridor overlaps the northern edge of the park.
Background and Public Survey
Many of the park’s amenities are nearing the end of their life cycle. As such, the City is beginning the process of rejuvenating the park and reaching out to the community for input.
- Rejuvenation of aging baseball diamonds
- Rejuvenation of aging parking lot, while also implementing measures to eliminate illegal vehicular access into park
- Remove aging basketball court and replace with a new court (multi-purpose basketball/ball hockey or multi-purpose tennis/pickleball)
- Asphalt pathways for accessibility to amenities
- Granular walking trail around the park perimeter
- Merge senior and junior play equipment into one location
- Replace aging play equipment and install new wood fibre safety surface
- Naturalization plantings
- Tree plantings
- Benches and waste receptacles
View a preliminary concept of the park (PDF, 1.65 MB)
Progress and Anticipated Schedule
- March through April, 2020 – Site visit and recreation needs assessment
- May through June, 2020 – Preliminary concept development
- July through August, 2020 – Public survey
- 2021 – Detailed design
- 2022 – Construction
- Preliminary Concept (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Notice to Residents (PDF, 500 KB)
- Public Survey - Hard Copy (PDF, 70 KB KB)
- Valley Community Centre Park Rejuvenation Survey Results (JPG, 484 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2331
Email: [email protected]a
- Date modified: