Robert E. Wade Ancaster Community Park is a community park located on Jerseyville Road in Ancaster (Ward 12). The park consists of sports fields, a children’s playground, an arena, and a community centre. Melissa Tancredi Soccer Field is located on the east side of the park, north of the existing gravel parking lot. The field will undergo upgrades to allow for a more formalized layout to enhance both the player and spectator experience.
The proposed design includes upgrades to the existing lit soccer field and its immediate surroundings. They include:
- Shift play surface eastward to ensure sufficient safety setback zones around the perimeter of the field lines;
- Provide flat perimeter safety zones to 5m width in all directions;
- Install perimeter chain link fence and access gates;
- Shift the light standards on the east side of the field to accommodate safety zone setbacks and fence location;
- Enlarge space for spectator bleachers on the west side of the field, closest to the pathway;
- Update irrigation as required; and
- Plant / relocate trees.
- Programming and preliminary design
- Detailed design and permit approval process
- Melissa Tancredi Field Draft Concept (PDF, 666 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, please contact:
Landscape Architectural Services
Phone: 905.546.2424 ext.3662
- Date modified: