Andrew Warburton Memorial Park is a 1.0 hectare (2.5 acre) neighbourhood park located at the intersection of Britannia Avenue and Tragina Avenue North in ward 4. The park is surrounded primarily by single-detached residential housing. Many of the park’s amenities are nearing the end of their life cycle and need to be replaced.
The scope of work for the Andrew Warburton Memorial Park reconstruction is summarized as follows:
- Replace the existing spray pad and wading pool with similar upgraded amenities.
- Replace the existing basketball court with a new multi-use court.
- Move existing play equipment and install new rubber protective safety surfacing at new playground location.
- Realign and re-surface park pathways to create a logical accessible network connecting the neighbourhood to the park amenities and strengthen the Pipeline Trail connection.
- Add an accessible HSR transit stop at Cope St.
- Replace all wood retaining walls with either armour-stone or berm grading. This includes rebuilding the community garden area.
- Replace wood fences with steel fences.
- Resurface the existing parking lot.
- Improve lighting - Pipeline Trail pathway, playground areas, building and parking lot.
- New tree planting for shade and/or succession planting.
- Preliminary Park Assessment
- Public Survey
- Public Information Centre #1 – Priorities for the Park
Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Public Information Centre #2 – Park Design Presentation
Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Detailed Design
- Public Tender: Wednesday April 28 to Thursday May 27, 2021
- Park Closed for Construction: Monday July 12, 2021 until May 2022
- Andrew Warburton Memorial Park - Public Survey Results (PDF, 355 KB)
- Andrew Warburton Memorial Park – Concept Plan (PDF, 1.88 MB)
- Andrew Warburton Memorial Park – Winter 2022 Limit of Construction (PDF, 2.4 MB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 5152
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: