Carpenter Neighbourhood Park is a 4.9 acre (2 hectare) existing park situated at 145 Eagleglen Way in Ward 8.
One hectare existing Carpenter Neighbourhood Park features:
- An accessible play structure with swings
- Park benches and picnic tables
- An asphalt walkway with lighting
- Deciduous trees
- A large grass active play area
An additional one hectare of land was conveyed to the City of Hamilton by an adjacent land developer, bringing the total park area to two hectares. Improvements to the existing park will occur in conjunction with development of the new lands.
Redevelopment of the park will include:
- Removing and replacing the existing asphalt pathways
- Construction of an asphalt loop trail
- Installation of a park sign
- Addition of a multi-use court
- Installation of a sun shelter
- Adding more seating benches and waste receptacles
- Programming of a large active play area
- Added tree planting
The City of Hamilton currently uses the park for its SUPIE program. Improvements to this park will benefit both the SUPIE program itself, and its participants.
Since June 2015, the site has undergone a site survey to determine the location of existing site. The purpose of the site survey allows park designers to accurately determine where site elements should be placed; in conjunction with setbacks from adjacent backyards and to allow for proper drainage of the park.
In response to comments received after the initial PIC, please find an updated Final Concept Plan (PDF, 666 KB). Changes to this plan include:
- Shifting the multi-court closer to the existing playground
- Adding a drinking fountain between the sun shelter and the multi-court
- Adding an outdoor exercise area
- An ice rink hut was added for an outdoor ice rink (by Parks Operations – fall 2016 estimated completion)
The final park design is being created and expected to be tendered by early 2017, with construction also estimated to begin in 2017.
- Updated Concept Plan (PDF, 666 KB)
- Original Concept Plan (PDF, 816 KB)
- Comment Sheet (PDF, 21 KB)
Comment Summary (PDF, 31KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 5408
- Date modified: