Central Park is an existing park located at 171 Bay Street North, Ward 2 and falls within the central neighbourhood. It is a neighbourhood park 3.25 hectares in size. Local residents can easily walk or bike to this park. Neighbourhood Parks generally have a mix of passive areas, sports facilities, informal and formal play areas, and may include natural areas.
In 2014, the Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study identified Central Park for redevelopment. The study aligns with the West Harbour Secondary Plan to establish a comprehensive land use plan for the West Harbour area.
Existing Conditions Map
Central Park offers a variety of activities for all ages.
Existing amenities include:
- accessible play structure
- ball diamond
- tennis courts
- multi-purpose court
- spray pad
- asphalt pathways
- SoBi Hub located at Bay Street North entrance
Proposed amenities include:
- informal soccer field for juniors
- multi-use court (basketball and ball hockey)
- sun shelter
- splash pad
- open lawn
- sobi bike hub
- junior and senior play structures
- adult fitness equipment
- tree planting
- dog park*
- community garden*
*note: dependent on community interest and volunteers
- Construction works for underground servicing contract - Summer of 2020
- Public Information Centre to Discuss Phase 1 Functional Plan - April 10, 2018
- Functional Park design, Phase 1 - 2017
- Park Master Plan - July 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Public Meeting - Thursday, September 24, 2015
- September 2021 - Central Park Drawings (PDF, 34 MB)
- September 2021 - Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan (PDF, 10 MB)
- September 2021 - Risk Management Plan (PDF, 7.3 MB)
- September 2021 - Soil Management Plan (PDF, 8.9 MB)
- September 2021 - Supplemental Phase II Environmental Site Assessment (PDF, 10.5 MB)
- July 2019 - Reponse to Online Survey Submitted by Residents
The City received a survey created by residents in June 2019. To clarify the new works and the decision making process, we created a survey reponse to residents, including survey questions and results.
Response to Residents Survey (PDF, 1 MB)
- April 2018 - Public Consultation Session Feedback Form
Resident questions from the Session were collected and answers by the City are provided.
Public Consultation Feedback Form (PDF, 128 KB)
- April 2018 - Functional Plan
Phase 1 Plan developed to guide the Phase 1 detail design drawings and future construction.
Phase 1 Central Park Functional Plan (PDF, 1.75 MB)
- January 2016 - Master Plan and Phase 1 DrawingConceptual plans developed for the entire study area. Updates to plan will be posted on this project page.
Central Park Master Plan (PDF, 4 MB)
Central Park Master Plan Drawing Phase 1 (PDF, 704 KB)
- October 2015 - Existing Conditions Plan (PDF, 1.85 MB)
- May 2014 - Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study
The study establishes a future vision for the Barton-Tiffany area to guide development and identify redevelopment opportunities, including Central Park. Central Park Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study (PDF, 3.37 MB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Senior Project Manaer, Waterfront Development
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 5461
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: