Was your home hit hard by the recent heavy rainfall on April 20, 2017, causing flooding to your basement?
Central Park is an existing park located at 171 Bay Street North, Ward 2. It is a neighbourhood park 3.25 hectares in size. Local residents can easily walk or bike to this park. Neighbourhood Parks generally have a mix of passive areas, sports facilities, informal and formal play areas, and may include natural areas.
The park is located in the Central Neighbourhood.
In 2014, the Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study identified Central Park for redevelopment. The study aligns with the West Harbour Secondary Plan to establish a comprehensive land use plan for the West Harbour area.
Central Park offers a variety of activities for all ages.
- accessible play structure
- ball diamond
- tennis courts
- multi-purpose court
- spray pad
- asphalt pathways
- a SoBi Hamilton Hub located along the park’s entrance on Bay Street North
- Functional Park design, Phase 1 - in progress (2017)
- Park Master Plan complete - July 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Public Meeting - Thursday, September 24, 2015
- Central Park Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study (PDF, 3.37 MB)
- Existing Conditions (PDF, 1.85 MB)
- Central Park Master Plan (PDF, 4 MB)
- Central Park Master Plan Drawing Phase 1 (PDF, 704 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Julia van der Laan de Vries, BA, BLA
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2347
- Date modified: