Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure TONIGHT
Central Park is an existing park located at 171 Bay Street North, Ward 2. It is a neighbourhood park 3.25 hectares in size. Local residents can easily walk or bike to this park. Neighbourhood Parks generally have a mix of passive areas, sports facilities, informal and formal play areas, and may include natural areas.
The park is located in the Central Neighbourhood.
In 2014, the Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study identified Central Park for redevelopment. The study aligns with the West Harbour Secondary Plan to establish a comprehensive land use plan for the West Harbour area.
Central Park offers a variety of activities for all ages.
- accessible play structure
- ball diamond
- tennis courts
- multi-purpose court
- spray pad
- asphalt pathways
- a SoBi Hamilton Hub located along the park’s entrance on Bay Street North
- Functional Park design, Phase 1 - in progress (2017)
- Park Master Plan complete - July 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Public Information Centre - Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Public Meeting - Thursday, September 24, 2015
- Central Park Barton-Tiffany Urban Design Study (PDF, 3.37 MB)
- Existing Conditions (PDF, 1.85 MB)
- Central Park Master Plan (PDF, 4 MB)
- Central Park Master Plan Drawing Phase 1 (PDF, 704 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Julia van der Laan de Vries, BA, BLA
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2347
- Date modified: