Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The Crown Point Parkette (formerly A.M. Cunningham Parkette) is an existing playground at the south-west corner of Roxborough Avenue and Huxley Avenue North. The Pipeline Trail and underground infrastructure (two water mains) run through this playground. The Pipeline Trail Master Plan identified this playground as a candidate site for improvement. Neighbouring residents have requested the playground be upgraded to meet current accessible requirements.
This scope of this park redevelopment is:
- Upgrade play equipment so that the play area is accessible for children with limited mobility, including more low-to-the-ground play components
- Install rubber protective safety surfacing in the play area
- Plant trees to provide shade for the playground
- Install a paved concrete seating area
- Spring 2018: Programming and preliminary concept design
- Summer 2018: Detailed design and public tender
- Fall 2018: Construction
- June 1 - Concept Plans (PDF, 637 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, please contact:
Landscape Architectural Services
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 3125
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: