The Hamilton Peace Garden is located in the south-western corner of Hamilton City Hall grounds bordered by Hunter St. West and Bay St. South. The park improvement project, titled Hamilton Peace Garden Upgrades, is the phase 2 portion of a concept plan that will see the completion of the Peace Garden area. The upgrades include an extension of the walkway to provide an accessible access from both Bay St. S. and Hunter St. W., new flower beds with an irrigation system, white daffodil bulbs, the placement of the Interfaith Group commemorative stone monument, a parkette name sign, and an interpretive panel. The installation of phase 2 is planned for 2020.
- October 2008 - Proposal for a Peace Garden presented to City Hall Renovations Steering Committee.
- October 24, 2011 - Official dedication of the PEACE Pole
- Summer 2012 - phase 1 of Peace Gardens constructed
- December 2018 - Capital budget for enhancements were approved and design begins
- December 6, 2019 - Heritage Permit for phase 2 upgrades approved
- December 2019 - Hamilton Peace Garden Upgrades concept plan approved
- Summer 2020 - Scheduled installation of the garden upgrades
Hamilton Peace Gardens concept plan, December 2019 (PDF, 785 KB)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, please contact:
Lawrence Stasiuk, OALA, FCSLA
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2292
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: