Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Mountain Drive Park is located at 935 Concession Street, Hamilton and sits within the Ward 6 and Ward 7 boundaries, and Raleigh and Sunninghill neighbourhoods. The Mountain Brow trail runs along the northern perimeter of the park and connects the park to the greater mountain brow trail network that continues east and west along the top of the escarpment. The park is located at the eastern end of the Concession Street BIA boundary.
Mountain Drive Park is identified as an active Neighbourhood Park in the recreational study and other neighbourhood park(s) within the 600m service radius includes Peace Memorial Park. There are parking stalls along Mountain Park Avenue that connect to Mountain Drive Park via a walkway network within open space that can be used by residents not within walking distance of Mountain Drive Park.
The usable greenspace of the park proper is approximately 7.8 acres (3.2 ha) in size and the existing park amenities include: a playground structure, swing sets, a low stone wall, fencing, walkways, benches, lighting, open space, trees and a washroom building. The park offers pockets of views of the lower city.
A masterplan will be undertaken in 2021 to assess the current and future recreational needs of the community, evaluate feasible options for Mountain Drive Park, develop an action plan to establish a park vision and identify a budget and timeline for long-term or phased redevelopment.
Timelines are approximate and will be updated as the project progresses.
- November 2020 - Establish a Mountain Drive Park Task Force Committee
- January 20, 2021 - Virtual Task Force Meeting #1
- January 2021 to June 2021 - Task force Committee Start-Up and Stakeholder Engagement
- February 2021 to March 2021 - Inventory and Analysis, including Launch of Required Studies
- March 2021 to April 2021 - Establish a Park Vision, Priorities and Development Options for Community Input
- May 2021 to June 2021 - Evaluation Development Options and Select Preferred Option with Community
- June 2021 to November 2021 - Prepare Masterplan Report
- December 2021 - Present Masterplan Report to Council (tentative)
- Documents from Virtual Task Force Meeting #1
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Landscape Architect, Landscape Architectural Services, Public Works
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1303
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: