Learn more about how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
The Olmsted Natural Open Space is located next to Ryckman's neighbourhood park, 539 Dicenzo Drive, Ward 7. The project includes:
- a pedestrian walkway completed in 2012
- a meadow and Tallgrass Prairie
Work is ongoing at the open space, with more restoration work scheduled for 2015.
Public information centre: September 13, 2012
- Olmsted/Ryckmans park presentation (PDF, 695 KB)
- Ryckmans park concept (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Olmsted - vegetation establishment and construction (PDF, 308 KB)
Public information centre: October 19, 2011
The Tallgrass Prairie is an endagered ecosystem in Ontario. Tallgrass Prairie is a misleading name – only a few species actually grow tall. Most of the plants are below waist height of an average adult. These ecosystems provide many unique functions, including providing habitat for endangered grassland birds in Ontario such as Bobolink and Eastern Meadowlark.
- Date modified: