Valley Skate Park is proposed to be a wheeled sport facility located within Valley Park in Stoney Creek (Ward 9). The project proposes the development of a +/-1,500m2 (16,145 Sq.Ft) concrete facility that will cater to a variety of wheeled sports such as skateboarding, rollerblading, scooters and BMX bikes.
Valley Park is home to an arena, gym, pool and Valley Park Library. Exterior amenities within the park include baseball diamonds, tennis courts, soccer field and recreational trails. The site offers ample parking, open space and home to a section of Felkers Creek that meanders through the property. In 2017, Recreation completed an in depth skateboard park study that aided in identifying Valley Park as the ideal site for this facility.
Valley Park Feedback
Staff gathered feedback from the Stoney Creek community on the proposed project and thoughts on incorporating it within Valley Park itself. Feedback was provided directly through the Ward 9 Councilor office or by completing the online survey which closed April 12, 2019.
View enlarged image (PNG, 3 MB)
- December 5, 2019 - Valley Park Skate Concept Design Reveal - PIC No. 2
- March 2019 - Valley Park Community Survey (Direct Mailer)
- January 17, 2019 - Concept Design Reveal at Valley Park Recreation Centre – Pool Viewing Room
970 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek, 5:30 to 8:30 pm
- February 22, 2018 - Community Introduction PIC at Valley Park Recreation Centre - Gymnasium
970 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek, 6 to 8 pm
- October 5 to 31, 2018 - Valley Skate Park Design Survey (online)
- October 25, 2018 - Valley Skate Park Workshop No. 1 at Valley Park Recreation Centre
970 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek, 4 to 8 pm
- December 5, 2019 - PIC No. 2 Presentation (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- March 18, 2019 - Valley Skate Park Community Update (PDF, 2 MB)
- January 19, 2019 - Valley Skate Park Design Workshop (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- October 25, 2018 - Valley Skate Park Workshop (PDF, 21.1 MB) | Rider Survey and Workshop Summary (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- October 11. 2018 - Workshop Design Brochure (PDF, 2 MB)
- February 22, 2018 - PIC Display Panels (PDF, 3.5 MB)
Keep In Touch
If you are not already part of our Valley Skate Park circulation list and would like to be, please forward your contact information to [email protected] and we will be sure to keep you up to date on the projects ongoing progress, workshops, meetings etc.
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact us by email at [email protected]:
Wes Kindree, Project Manager
Landscape Architectural Services
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 2347
- Date modified: