Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Victoria Park is a 5.7 hectare park in the Strathcona neighbourhood of central Hamilton in Ward 1. The park is bounded by a mixture of residential housing types, a school, and the King Street commercial shopping street corridor to the south. It is a well-used park with some aging amenities that require replacement.
The existing spray pad in the park is nearing the end of its life cycle and needs replacing. Since this park currently lacks a sun shelter, a new structure will also be included as part of this rejuvenation work. The sun shelter addition forms part of the continued Victoria Park Master Plan implementation.
Spray Pad and Sun Shelter
- Fall 2020 to Summer 2021 Required Studies and Investigations: Archaeological investigation, topographic survey, and geotechnical investigation
- Winter 2021 Public engagement and user survey. Feedback will be used for selecting and designing spray pad elements.
- Winter 2021 to Spring 2021 Site analysis, site planning, conceptual design
- Summer 2021 to Fall 2021 Detailed design
- 2022 Anticipated construction (subject to financing)
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, please contact:
Landscape Architectural Services
Phone 905.546.2424 ext.3662
Email [email protected]
- Date modified: