Waterdown Memorial Park is located at 200 Hamilton Street North, Ward 15. The park has the following features:
- spray pad
- sun shelter
- baseball diamonds
A skating path and new building to store the refrigeration equipment and ice resurfacer is proposed for the park to enhance winter enjoyment of this community park.
- Summer 2016 - Substantial completion, weather permitting.
- October 2015 - Construction began. Construction by Bestco Construction.
- March 25, 2014 - Public Information Centre.
The skating path is funded by the City of Hamilton and a donation from the Rotary Club of Waterdown. The location was chosen by city staff, members of the Rotary Club of Waterdown and design professionals. The project architects are Invizij Architects Inc in association with Toms + McNally Design.
- New Outdoor Refrigerated Skating Path will be approximately 250 m long x 4 m wide.
- There is an oval pad at the start of the path for access on and off the path, and is intended to be used for learning to skate.
- Building will have washrooms, skate change area and house the mechanical equipment and ice resurfacer.
- Includes an asphalt walking path around the park which is approximately 900 m long.
If you have any questions or wish to submit a comment, contact:
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 7003
- Date modified: