Update: Two down-bound lanes open for Claremont Access. Sherman Access is reduced to one lane.
All Support Program registrations are processed through the Program Lead, Inclusion. In order to register, parents or caregivers must:
- Request a Support Registration Package from the Program Lead – Inclusion.
- Select 1st and 2nd choices of camps and dates and complete the Support Registration Form.
- Complete the Camper Information Form (If camper requires an Epi-pen, additional forms will need to be completed).
- Complete the Profile Form to inform staff of the camper’s abilities and support needs.
- Return all paperwork, with payment directly to the Program Lead - Inclusion.
Spaces are limited. Families are encouraged to return their forms to reserve their spaces as soon as possible.
For more information, a Support Program Registration Package, or program availability, please contact:
Program Lead - Inclusion, Recreation Division
Phone: 905-546-2424 ext. 1758
Camp support options
1. City supplied support staff are available and provided at no additional cost for families! Due to high demand; registration is limited to two weeks per participant (registration in the Camp Kidaca program still required).
Additional support includes:
- increased supervision by a trained, support worker dedicated to the care and safety of the camper at all times
- assistance with bathroom, changing and eating
- adaptation of camp programs for all participants
- facilitation and encouragement of friendships and appropriate social interaction
- opportunity to see the camp facility and meet the staff before the summer begins
Support staff are available 40 hours a week, 8 hours per day. Parents can request daily program hours of 8 am to 4 pm, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or 9 am to 5 pm.
2. You may provide your own support person. We welcome support persons who assist participants with a disability or special needs. Support persons are hired or chosen by the participant to provide assistance throughout the camp day. There are no fees charged for support persons (registration in the Camp Kidaca program still required).
Prior to the camp start date, the support person must review the External Support Person Guidelines. To ensure the safety and positive experience for all participants, we ask that support persons adhere to the following guidelines:
- Support persons should have the maturity and knowledge to make decisions and sound judgment relating to the participant’s wellbeing and care.
- Support persons may not leave the program/program area with the participant unless permission is received from the main contact.
- Support persons will provide the camp counsellor with suggestions and input for adapted/ modified programming.
Camp Kidaca Support Program - Preschool, Kidaca, and Youth camps
The Support Program is available for campers with disabilities or special needs who require additional support in order to integrate and participate in Camp Kidaca and Youth programs. Support staff encourages participation, while maintaining safety and care in a fun and stimulating environment.
Age: 4 to 11
Teen Connections Summer Camp
Teen Connections Camp is a summer recreation and socialization program for teens and young adults who have special needs or a disability. Participants can engage, recreate and form connections with other teens that have aged out of Youth Camp programs. This camp is led by dedicated program staff that supervise weekly activities and assist with age-appropriate games, trips, sports, hobbies, social activities and swimming.
Age: 16 to 21 year olds (ratios range from 1:1 to 1:3. Please identify the required staff-to-participant ratio on the support registration form.
- Date modified: