Full programs and waiting lists
If you are using the City's online service, there is an option to be added to a waitlist. If a spot becomes available, recreation staff will contact you directly to notify you of your options.
- A full refund will be issued to all registrants if a program is cancelled.
Requesting a refund
- Refund requests MUST be made at the recreation centre where the program is taking place
- Registrants who decide they no longer wish to take the program prior to the start date, will receive a full refund
- Registrants who wish to withdraw from a program before the start of the third lesson, the refund will be prorated on the number of classes remaining
- Refund requests after the third lesson will require manager approval, and a refund request form will need to be submitted
- Program refunds will not be considered after the halfway point of the program. Programs become non-refundable at that point.
- For camp and March Break programs, a refund will be issued if notification is received 5 business days prior to the beginning of the program. After that time and up to the end of the first day a prorated refund will be received deducting one (1) day. Refund requests received after the first day require manager approval. No refunds will be considered after the halfway point of the program.
- Refunds for Aquatic Leadership Courses (Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, Assistant Instructors, Combined Lifesaving Instructors, National Lifeguard, etc.) will only be issued if a request is received five (5) business days prior to the start of the first day of the course. After that time and up to the start of the first class a prorated refund will be received deducting one (1) class and requires approval. No refunds will be issued once the course begins. Course material and Lifesaving Society Exam Fees are non-refundable.
- Monthly Memberships passes will only be refunded for medical reasons and require manager approval
- Annual Memberships - a prorated refund will be received for the duration of time remaining. Once the six (6) month mark is reached the pass becomes non-refundable
- Monthly memberships may be converted to annual memberships on a pro-rated basis
- Annual memberships may not be converted to monthly memberships
- Annual memberships may be converted to another annual membership (i.e. youth pass to family pass) on a pro-rated basis within the first 30 days of purchase. After that time pass transfers are not allowed.
Methods of refund
- Cash and cheque payments will be refunded by cheque issues from the City of Hamilton and may be subject to an Administrative Processing Fee if initiated by the registrant.
- All other refunds will be issued by the original payment option (Debit, Credit Card, City of Hamilton Gift Card)
- Date modified: