What is a Recreation Gift Card?
A Recreation Gift Card is a pre-paid, re-loadable card that you can use to pay for purchases at participating City of Hamilton locations. It is a quick and convenient way to pay and enjoy recreation "cashless".
Where can I buy a Recreation Gift Card?
Recreation Gift Cards can be purchased or reloaded at most Recreation Facilities that are equipped with a point of sale (POS) terminal. The specific locations are listed below:
- Ancaster Aquatic Centre
- Ancaster Lions Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Ancaster Rotary Centre
- Bennetto Community Centre
- Central Memorial Recreation Centre
- Coronation Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Dalewood Recreation Centre
- Dominic Agostino (Riverdale) Recreation Centre
- Dundas Community Pool
- Dundas Lions Memorial Centre
- HG Brewster Pool
- Hill Park Recreation Centre
- Huntington Recreation Centre
- Inch Park Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Jimmy Thompson Pool
- Lister Block / Facility Booking
- Norman Pinky Lewis Pool
- Parkdale Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Ryerson Recreation Centre
- Sir Allan MacNab Recreation Centre
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier Recreation Centre
- Sir Winston Churchill Recreation Centre
- Stoney Creek Recreation Centre
- Valley Park Community Centre
- Valley Park Pool
- Victoria Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Walker Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- Westmount Recreation Centre
Municipal Service Centres
Recreation Gift Cards can also be purchased or reloaded at the following Municipal Service Centres:
- Hamilton City Hall
- Stoney Creek
Recreation Gift Cards can be used at the above listed locations. At these locations, you can also request the value of the gift certificate be credited to your account for later use during online registration.
What can a Recreation Gift Card be used for?
- Recreation admissions, clip cards and passes
- Registered and Drop-in Recreation Programs
- Facility Rentals
What if I do not have enough funds on my Recreation Gift Card to pay for my entire purchase?
The balance of your Recreation Gift Card can be put towards your purchase and the remainder can be paid by cash, cheque, debit, VISA or MasterCard.
What happens if I lose my Recreation Gift Card?
Please treat your Recreation Gift Card like cash. The City is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
Can I check the balance on my Recreation Gift Card?
Yes, call or visit your local Recreation Centre.
How do I reload my Recreation Gift Card?
Visit one of the participating City locations listed above to reload your Recreation Gift Card.
Does my Recreation Gift Card expire?
No. Recreation Gift Cards have no expiry date.
Can I redeem/ refund my Recreation Gift Card for cash?
No. Recreation Gift Cards are not redeemable/refundable for cash.
Terms & conditions
The following agreement describes the terms and conditions that apply to the prepaid account of your Recreation Gift Card between you and the City of Hamilton. By using your Recreation Gift Card, you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
- Drop in admission at Arenas
- Items sold in any vending machines
- Items sold at Food Services Concessions
- Seniors Centres
Please keep a copy of this agreement for your records. The terms and conditions of this agreement will govern the use of the Recreation Gift Card by you or anyone else who holds or uses (Cardholder) the Recreation Gift Card.
- Sale, redemption and reloading Recreation Gift Card must be done in person with the Recreation Gift Card present.
- Recreation Gift Cards have no expiry date and have no value until activated.
- There is no administration fee associated with the sale or redemption of Recreation Gift Cards.
- A Recreation Gift Card may be purchased using Visa, MasterCard, Debit, Cash or cheque
- The City of Hamilton is NOT responsible for lost or stolen cards, Please handle these cards in the same manner as you would cash.
- No interest, dividends, or any other earnings on funds deposited onto a Recreation Gift Card will accrue or be paid or credited to Recreation Gift Card holder by the City of Hamilton.
- The City of Hamilton reserves the right to correct the balance of a Recreation Gift Card account if we believe that a clerical, billing or accounting error has occurred. The City of Hamilton shall have no liability for any billing error unless the Cardholder provides us notice within sixty (60) days of the date of the transaction in question. It is the obligation of the Cardholder to monitor transactions and account balances.
- Recreation Gift Cards are not redeemable/refundable for cash except for reasons listed in points 9 and 10.
- The City of Hamilton may amend the terms and conditions of use of the Recreation Gift Card at any time, including any rights or obligations the Cardholder or the City of Hamilton may have. The terms and conditions of the use will be posted on the City of Hamilton website at http://www.hamilton.ca/rec. As permitted by law, any amendment will become effective at the time the amended agreement is posted on the web site or as otherwise stated in the notice to cardholders. Unless otherwise stated, the amendment(s) will apply to any future and existing Recreation Gift Cards. If the Cardholder does not accept the amendments, upon written request, the Recreation Gift Card will be cancelled and any amounts remaining on the Recreation Gift Card will be refunded to the Cardholder.
- The City of Hamilton may suspend or terminate this agreement in whole or in part at any time and for any reason or no reason without notice or liability to the cardholder, including in connection with the termination of the Recreation Gift Card program. If this agreement is terminated without cause, the Recreation Gift Card will be cancelled and any amounts remaining on the Recreation Gift Card will be refunded to the Cardholder.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the City of Hamilton, the Province of Ontario, and the country of Canada.
- These Recreation Gift Card Terms and Conditions of Use apply to any and all use of a Recreation Gift Card. In the event any changes to the wording are made and posted by The City of Hamilton from time to time, the version that is current at the time of use of the Recreation Gift Card will apply.
- In the event of any of these terms and conditions of use being determined by a competent authority to be uncertain or unenforceable, the affected provision is to be read down to eliminate the word or words that is or are uncertain or unenforceable, and the remainder is to remain in full force and effect.
- If you have any questions, or wish to send us any notice regarding this agreement or your Recreation Gift Card, please contact your local Recreation Centre.
- Date modified: