Requesting a refund
- Refund requests MUST be made at the recreation centre where the program is taking place
- Registrants who decide they no longer wish to take the program prior to the start date, will receive a full refund
- Refund requests after the program has started will require manager approval, and a Refund Request Form (PDF, 188 KB) will need to be submitted. The refund (if approved) will be prorated based on the number of classes remaining from the date the request was received.
- Program refunds will not be considered after the halfway point of the program. Programs become non-refundable at that point.
- For Camp Kidaca (Weeklong) Programs, a refund will be issued if notification is received 14 days prior to the beginning of the program. After that time and up to the start of program there will be a withdrawal fee charged. After the program has started programs become non-refundable.
- Refunds for Leadership Courses (Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, Assistant Instructors, Combined Lifesaving Instructors, National Lifeguard, Babysitter, Leader In Training etc.) a refund will be issued if notification is received 14 days prior to the beginning of the program. After that time and up to the start of program there will be a withdrawal fee charged. After the program has started programs become non-refundable. Course material and Lifesaving Society Exam Fees are non-refundable, once materials have been received.
- All membership refund and/or transfer request must have a Membership Adjustment Request Form (PDF, 188 KB) completed
- Monthly Memberships are non-refundable
- Annual Memberships - a prorated refund will be received for the duration of time remaining. Once the six (6) month mark is reached the pass becomes non-refundable.
- Annual memberships may be converted to another annual membership (i.e. youth pass to family pass) on a pro-rated basis within the first 30 days of purchase. After that, pass transfers are not allowed.
- Clip cards are non-refundable
Methods of refund
- Cash and cheque payments will be refunded by cheque issues from the City of Hamilton and may be subject to an Administrative Processing Fee if initiated by the registrant.
- All other refunds will be issued by the original payment option (Debit, Credit Card)
- Date modified: