Appeal Process for the 2023 City Enrichment Fund
Council approved a one-time appeal process for all applicants of the 2023 City Enrichment Fund at the May 24 Council meeting.
Any organization adversely impacted and hindering operational capacity due to recommended funding request amount, report back to City of Hamilton, City Enrichment Fund staff by June 2, 2023 indicating implications hindering successfully carrying out programming according to appeal requirements.
This appeal process is open to all 2023 CEF grant applicants. Applicants must demonstrate need and clearly articulate the adverse impacts hindering operational capacity with the original recommended amount.
Appeals may only be requested by the original applicant named in the application and be made only on the basis of impact to programming on recommended grant amount as per the approved funding rationale.
Appeals must meet the following eligibility criteria;
- The appeal can be submitted for applicants of the 2023 City Enrichment Fund
- The organization must showcase significant impact and/or financial hardship affecting the programming (i.e. not able to carry-out programming with current grant amount).
- Priority status may be given to organizations with limited alternative funding sources
- Are seeking funding indicating implications hindering successfully carrying out programming according to appeal requirements due to the recommended amount.
- The appeal referenced must be in alignment with the original 2023 CEF application request.
Online Appeals Submission
Appeal submissions must be submitted by 5 pm on June 2, 2023
- Extensions or late submissions will not be accepted
- City Enrichment Fund staff will notify the applicant of the Grants Sub-Committee decision.
- All decisions on appeals are final and cannot be contested.
Submit City Enrichment Fund Appeal