Alcohol, Drugs & Gambling Services, or ADGS provides information, counselling and programs on alcohol, drugs and gambling.
Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Services hours and location
ADGS is open Monday to Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm, Wednesday until 7 pm.
Alcohol, Drugs & Gambling Services is located at 21 Hunter Street East, 3rd floor, Hamilton.
You can pay to park:
- in lots on the corner of Hughson Street and Jackson Street or Hughson Street and Main Street
- at spots with parking meters on Hunter Street
There is one reserved parking spot for disabled permit holders. There is a wheelchair accessible ramp in the parking lot beside the building and an elevator in the lobby.
How to access Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Services
For information about alcohol, drugs or gambling:
- Call 905-546-3606 Monday to Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm
To book a clinic appointment:
- Call our Intake Worker at 905-546-3606 and press option 3 for alcohol and drugs or option 4 for gambling
- Drop in on Monday 2 to 4 pm or Thursday 9:30 to 11:30 am
The Intake Worker will ask a few questions; this may take 15 minutes of your time.
Email is not considered a private and confidential form of communication and we prefer that you call to make an appointment or ask any questions.
Services through Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Services
We provide the following free services through ADGS:
- Information about alcohol, drugs or gambling and where to find help
- Individual counselling for alcohol and drugs
- Individual, couple and family counselling for gambling
- Group programs such as:
- Older Wiser Lifestyles for those over 55 years
- Skills for Change - weekly sessions to help develop coping skills
- Concurrent Disorders group for those who have a mental health diagnosis and alcohol, drug or gambling concerns
- Skills To Enhance Personal Success, also known as STEPS, a Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, or DBT group for gambling, drug or alcohol use
- Relapse Prevention group for people who have received treatment and want to abstain from alcohol and drugs
- Bets Off group for people with gambling concerns
- Methadone case management
- Drink Wise for people who want to cut down on drinking alcohol
- Referral to residential treatment
- Needle Syringe program for dropping off used needles and picking up supplies
- Back on Track Remedial Measures for those convicted of impaired driving
- Cravings hotline at 905-546-3606, press 6 to hear messages to help with cravings for alcohol, drugs or gambling
- Referral to other programs
We provide a safe place for you to talk where you will not be judged.
Who can use Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Services
ADGS is for:
- People with concerns about alcohol, drugs or gambling
- People over age 23 for the alcohol and drug programs
- People over age 12 for the gambling programs
Families and friends can call for information and support.
- Date modified: