There are many supports in Hamilton if you need help with breastfeeding or have questions about breastfeeding. To get support, contact:
Email [email protected]
Breastfeeding experts are available to:
- direct you to a breastfeeding service in Hamilton
- answer your questions
- provide you with a breastfeeding plan
Other breastfeeding supports:
- Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
- BANA clinic – St. Joseph hospital deliveries, until baby is 3 weeks old
- NAP clinic - Hamilton Health Sciences deliveries, until baby is 7 days old.
- Ontario Breastfeeding Network - Virtual and in-person breastfeeding support in Hamilton and out of region.
- Ancaster Pediatric & Breastfeeding Clinic. Covered by OHIP, no age limit. Self-referral or referral from health care provider. Call 905-304-8017 for more information. Email [email protected], Fax 905-304-8004. In person services offered but can also access virtual services through the Ontario Breastfeeding Network by choosing Ancaster/Hamilton. Located inside the Ancaster Medical Centre, 1144 Wilson St. W, Suite 103, Ancaster.
- Dr. Claire Kenny-Scherber, MD International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) – 905-759-6116 or [email protected] Breastfeeding Clinic in Brantford – North Woodlands Medical Centre. Referral from family doctor needed. Covered by OHIP.
Websites for self-help information and demonstration videos:
- Breastfeeding Matters (free PDF download)
- Attaching Your Baby at the Breast
- Improving Latch By Improving Positioning: Introduction and Laid Back Breastfeeding (VIDEO)
- Is Your Baby Getting Enough Milk
- Date modified: