Having a baby can be both exciting and challenging. You may have many questions and need help adjusting to life with a new baby.
The City of Hamilton has two programs for pregnant women or new moms where a Public Health Nurse visits your home to answer questions. Call Health Connections at 905-546-3550 to see if you are eligible for the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program or the Nurse-Family Partnership program.
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children
The Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program provides home visits by Public Health Nurses and home visitors. They visit pregnant women and parents with children from birth until school entry.
Home visits for pregnant women
- Provide prenatal support.
- Promote healthy growth and development.
- Teach parents about local community programs and supports.
Home visits for new moms help you learn about
- Connecting with your baby.
- Your child’s growth and development.
- Breastfeeding, food and healthy eating.
- Local community programs and supports.
The Nurse-Family Partnership program has Public Health Nurses visit low-income women in their homes during their first pregnancy and for the first two years of their children’s lives. They help women
- Have a healthy pregnancy.
- Have healthy children.
- Meet school and/or work goals.
To sign up for this program you must be
- A first time mother,
- Twenty one years of age or less, and
- In your first or second trimester of pregnancy.
For more information:
- Date modified: