There are programs in Hamilton to help you if you want to quit smoking.
Quit Smoking Clinic
- Weekly one-on-one or group counselling sessions to help you cut down or quit smoking.
- Free nicotine replacement therapy such as patches or gum. You must come to counselling sessions to get these products.
- Call 905-540-5566 ext. 1 to book an appointment at the Quit Smoking Clinic.
Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients (STOP)
- Five weeks of free nicotine patches (nicotine replacement therapy) and a practical support for alleviation of nicotine withdrawal symptoms
- Offers educational material to encourage participants to make broader changes that can improve overall health
- Call the Tobacco Hotline at 905-540-5566 ext. 1 to see if you are eligible to participate and to register for a session
The Canadian Cancer Society Smokers' Helpline
- Free phone, online or text messaging service with Quit Coach to develop a plan for quitting smoking, answer your questions about quitting and refer you to services in our community
- Call 1-877-513-5333 Monday to Thursday 8 am to 9 pm, Friday 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
Your doctor, dentist or pharmacist
- Your doctor, dentist or pharmacist can suggest products for withdrawal symptoms when you quit smoking. You can buy some of these products at a pharmacy without a prescription. Others need a prescription from your doctor. Find out if your doctor offers FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about products to help you quit smoking, possible side effects, how to use products and interactions with other medications you take.
Find support to quit smoking in the community
- There are lots of resources available to help you quit smoking in the community. Every Hamilton resident can access support from a health care professional to quit smoking for free.
- Find quit smoking supports in the community www.hamiltonquitssmoking.com
- Date modified: