There are programs in Hamilton to help you if you want to quit smoking.
Quit Smoking Clinic
- Weekly one-on-one counselling sessions to help you cut down or quit smoking.
- Free nicotine replacement therapy such as patches or gum. You must come to counselling sessions to get these products.
- Call 905-546-2424 ext. 3788 to book an appointment at the Quit Smoking Clinic.
Smoking Treatment for Ontario Patients (STOP)
- Five weeks of free nicotine patches (nicotine replacement therapy) and a practical support for alleviation of nicotine withdrawal symptoms
- Offers educational material to encourage participants to make broader changes that can improve overall health
- Call the Tobacco Hotline at 905-540-5566 ext. 1 to see if you are eligible to participate and to register for a session
The Canadian Cancer Society Smokers' Helpline
- Free phone or online service with Quit Coach to develop a plan for quitting smoking, answer your questions about quitting and refer you to services in our community
- Quitting support available online and by text message
- Call 1-877-513-5333 Monday to Thursday 8 am to 9 pm, Friday 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
Your doctor, dentist or pharmacist
- Your doctor, dentist or pharmacist can suggest products for withdrawal symptoms when you quit smoking. You can buy some of these products at a pharmacy without a prescription. Others need a prescription from your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about products to help you quit smoking, possible side effects, how to use products and interactions with other medications you take.
- Date modified: