The Van Needle Syringe program provides needles, safe injection supplies and needle disposal.
The Van Needle Syringe program hours
The Van Needle Syringe program operates:
- Monday to Sunday 7 to 11 pm
New temporary daytime hours Monday to Friday 9:30 to 11:30 am and 2:30 to 5:30 pm (no Thursday mornings)
For information Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm call Public Health Services at 905-546-4276.
How to access the Van Needle Syringe program
Access the Van Needle Syringe program during operating hours by:
- Calling or texting 905-317-9966
All services are confidential; we do not share information with others.
Call the Van early so we can get to you before 11 pm.
Services through the Van Needle Syringe program
We provide the following services from a mobile van:
- Delivery of free needles, condoms and safe injection supplies such as alcohol swabs, sterile water, cookers, ascorbic acid and filters. Supplies are not available to diabetic clients.
- Sharps containers and disposal of needles.
- Counselling and referrals for drug and alcohol use, detox, health care and shelters.
- Refills of overdose prevention kits. Find out where to get new overdose prevention kits and training.
- Safer inhalation supplies.
- These services are offered to prevent blood borne infections such as HIV and hepatitis infections by helping clients avoid shared needles and equipment.
NEW Expanded service Tuesdays from 2:30 to 6 pm.
A Harm Reduction nurse is on the VAN, providing client consultations and offering testing for HIV and Hep C.
Volunteering on the Van
Contact the AIDS Network to complete an application if you are interested in volunteering for the Van Needle Syringe program.
- Date modified: