Learn more about the provincial framework and how our community’s collective effort can prevent and contain the spread of the virus...
Use the tools and resources below for clients with TB, or suspected of having TB.
Reporting positive TB skin tests or IGRAs
To report a positive skin test or IGRA for tuberculosis, fax the Positive TB Skin Test / IGRA Reporting Form (PDF, 334 KB) with the follow-up chest x-ray report within seven days to 905-546-4078.
Guidelines and recommendations
- Canadian Tuberculosis Standards. 7th edition, 2014
- IGRA Testing for LTBI: Physician Guidelines (BC Centre for Disease Control; November; 2018)
Clinical Tools Resources
- Online TST/IGRA Interpreter
This tool estimates the risk of active tuberculosis for an individual with a tuberculin skin test reaction of 5mm and above, based on his or her clinical profile. It is intended for adults tested with standard tuberculin (5 TU PPDS or 2 TU RT-23) and/or a commercial Interferon Gamma release assay (IGRA).
- World Atlas of BCG Policies and Practices
- Tuberculosis: Information for Health Care Providers – The Lung Association
- How to do a TB Skin Test by
Grey BruceHealth Unit
- TB Skin Testing Quick Reference Guide for Health Care Providers (PDF, 311 KB)
- Date modified: