Breastfeeding is the natural way to feed a child with major health benefits for both mothers and babies. However many breastfeeding mothers choose not to breastfeed outside the comfort of their home because they feel unsupported to breastfeed in public places.
Hamilton’s Breastfeeding Coalition aims to work together with businesses, organizations, and agencies to ensure that families feel supported to breastfeed anytime, anywhere. With a few simple steps, businesses can create a breastfeeding friendly place that allows breastfeeding employees and patrons to feel welcomed and accepted.
Participants will receive a window decal to display their support for breastfeeding in the community.
Learn how to make your business a breastfeeding friendly place
How to get involved
1. Connect with a Hamilton Breastfeeding Coalition Representative
- Phone Health Connections: 905-546-3550
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Obtain a step by step guide to making your business breastfeeding friendly
- Breastfeeding Friendly Places Guide (PDF, 1 MB)
3. Implement suggested practices and advertise your support of breastfeeding with the window decal provided.
Breastfeeding Friendly Places
Ancaster Christian Reformed Church
70 Garner Rd. E. Ancaster
53 King St E, Stoney Creek, ON
Brown Dog Café
211 Locke St. South
David Church Associates
287 Locke St. South
162 Locke St. South
163 James St N, Hamilton, ON
Kumon Math and Reading Centre
318 Dundurn St South, unit 6
161 James St N, Hamilton, ON
Unit 104, 28 James St N, Hamilton, ON
213 James St N, Hamilton, ON
The Hearty Hooligan
292 Ottawa Street North
237 Locke St. South
2 Newton Ave, Hamilton, ON
- Date modified: