Thanksgiving October 12, 2015 - What's Open and What's Closed?
All City of Hamilton administrative offices will be closed on Thanksgiving, Monday, October 12, 2015
For emergencies involving roads, water mains, sewer systems, public health and safety issues, please call 905-546-2489.
Green Cart, Recycling and Garbage Collection
- There will be no green bin, blue box, bulk waste, yard waste, or garbage pick-up on Monday, October 12.
- Pick up will be one day later than your regularly scheduled collection day.
- Waste must be at the curb by 7 am.
To view your collection schedule, visit www.hamilton.ca/waste.
Community Recycling Centres and Transfer Stations will be closed on Monday, October 12.
HSR Bus Schedules
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/ Holiday Schedule on Monday, October 12.
- Call HSR information at 905-527-4441 for more details.
ATS - DARTS
- DARTS will be operating holiday service hours on Monday, October 12. All subscription trips on DARTS, with the exception of dialysis, are cancelled for Monday, October 12. If passengers need to travel on this day, they must make an advance reservation to do so.
- ATS customer service will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- All recreation/ aquatic centres, arenas and seniors centres will be closed on Monday, October 12.
Hamilton Civic Museums
- Dundurn National Historic Site, Whitehern Historic House & Garden, Battlefield House Museum & Park, Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology, The Hamilton Military Museum, Fieldcote Museum and Griffin House will be closed, Monday, October 12.
- The Hamilton Children’s Museum reamins temporarily closed for renovations.
For more information about Civic Museums, please visit www.hamilton.ca/museums
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre
Tourism Hamilton Visitor Information Centre (Lister Building, 28 James St. N.) will be is open from 11 am to 3 pm on Monday, October 12. www.tourismhamilton.com
Hamilton Farmer’s Market Hours
- Sunday, October 11 - Closed
- Monday, October 12 - Closed
- Tuesday, October 13 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Wednesday, October 14 - Closed
- Thursday, October 15 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Friday, October 16 - 8 am to 6 pm
- Saturday, October 17 - 7 am to 5 pm
Hamilton Public Library
- All branches of the Hamilton Public Library will be closed for Thanksgiving on Sunday, October 11 and Monday, October 12.
- For more information on library hours, please visit: www.hpl.ca
Public Health Services
For Public Health matters concerning:
- Reports of suspected reportable diseases and food poisoning, call 905-546-2063
- Reports of environmental spills, fires or other events that may be a health hazard or safety issue, call 905-546-2489
- Reports of rabies animal exposures, call 905-546-3500
- Safe Water Program issues that may be a health hazard, call 905-546-2489 or visit www.hamilton.ca/safewater
- All Ontario Works offices will be closed on Monday, October 12, and will reopen Tuesday, October 13 at 8:30 am.
- The Employment Resource Centre located at 181 Main St. W (Career Development Centre) will be closed on Monday, October 12. It will be open to assist you with any employment service needs on Tuesday, October 13 at 8:30 am.
- The Animal Services Shelter will be closed on Monday, October 12.
- For 24-hour Animal Services emergency issues, please call: 905-574-3433.
Property Tax Payments
- During the holiday, you may submit your property tax payment into a drop box at the rear doors of City Hall, 71 Main Street West or at one of our Municipal Service Centres.
- All Municipal Service Centres will be closed on Monday, October 12, and will reopen on Tuesday, October 13.
The locations are:
- Ancaster: 300 Wilson Street East (map)
- Dundas: 60 Main St. (map)
- Flamborough: 7 Innovation Drive, First floor (map) New - temporary location
- Glanbrook: 4280 Binbrook Rd. (map)
- Stoney Creek: 777 Hwy. 8 (map)
Payments may also be made anytime by mail to:
The City of Hamilton
c/o Tax Department
71 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 4Y5
Online payments can be made at: www.hamilton.ca/parking
Payment of Parking Violations can be made by mail to the pre-printed address indicated on the parking tag or dropped off into the drop box at the nearest Municipal Service Centre (see addresses above) or Taxation Division (noted above). The Hamilton Municipal Parking System office at 80 Main St. West, at Summers Lane, also accepts payments for parking violations at its drop box.
Online payments can be made anytime at: www.hamilton.ca/poa
The Provincial Offences Administration Office at 45 Main St. East, 4th Floor, Suite 408 (John Sopinka) Court House will be closed on Monday, October 12.