Claremont update: Second down-bound lane opening Wednesday, full down-bound closure TONIGHT
Report your vaccinations
Protect children in school & prevent disease outbreaks. Make sure your child’s vaccinations are up to date with your doctor and report them to Public Health.
The City of Hamilton provides information about vaccines and immunization including:
- Vaccines for all ages
- Vaccine safety
- Vaccines and the law
- Vaccine reporting for parents and schools
- How to prepare for vaccines
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- Meningococcal A, C, Y, W135 vaccine
- Student Information
- Flu vaccine
The City also provides vaccine clinics.
Why you should get vaccinated
Here are some reasons why you should get vaccinated:
- Vaccines save lives, are safe and effective. The benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks of disease.
- Travel can spread diseases quickly.
- There is no treatment for some diseases, such as diphtheria and meningococcal diseases. These diseases kill one in 10 people who get them.
- Vaccines are the only way for you to be protected from some diseases.
- You can protect yourself and those around you from diseases. Babies are less likely to get pertussis or flu if their parents and caregivers get the vaccines.
- Diseases can be eliminated if enough people are immunized. The last case of smallpox was in 1979.
- You will be immune without the risks of getting the disease. Getting the disease could cause severe illness or death.
Watch Immunity Community videos to see why some families get vaccines.
Watch Immunize for Good videos to learn how vaccines work.
- Date modified: