An IPAC lapse occurs when there is deviation from IPAC best practices resulting in possible disease transmission to patients, clients or staff through exposure to blood, body fluids, secretions, excretions, mucous membranes, non-intact skin or soiled items.
IPAC best practices are set out by:
- Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee
- Public Health Ontario
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Regulatory college IPAC protocols and guidelines
Below you will find reports on premises where an infection prevention and control lapse was identified through the assessment of a complaint or referral, or through communicable disease surveillance. It does not include reports of premises which were investigated following a complaint or referral where no infection prevention and control lapse was ultimately identified.
These reports are not exhaustive, and do not guarantee that those premises listed and not listed are free of infection prevention and control lapses. Identification of lapses are based on assessment and investigation of premises at a point-in-time, and these assessments and investigations are triggered when potential infection prevention and control lapses are brought to the attention of the local medical officer of health.
Reports are posted on the website of the board of health in which the premises are located. Reports are posted on a premises-by-premises basis, i.e., will correspond with one site only. Should you wish to view a full investigation for any posted lapse, please contact the Infectious Disease program at 905-546- 2063.
IPAC Lapse Reports
- Gateshead Dental, 184 Highway 8, Stoney Creek (PDF, 158 KB)
- Waterdown Walk-in Clinic at Walmart, 90 Dundas St. East, Waterdown (PDF, 66 KB)
- Dr. Harding 631 Queenston Road, 388 Greenhill Avenue, Hamilton (PDF, 88 KB)
- Tygar Campbell, 206-222 Gage Avenue South, Hamilton (PDF, 66 KB)
- Dr. Vineet Arora, 867 Upper Paradise Road, Hamilton (PDF, 90 KB)
If you would like further information about these investigations, contact:
Infectious Diseases Program
Email: [email protected]
- Date modified: