QR Fitness Trail
A new way to exercise. Use your smartphone to scan codes, watch instructional videos and follow the trail for a full workout at any level.
Each trail features seven QR signs that take the participant through a full workout, from warm up to cool down, with beginner, intermediate and advanced options.
Don’t have a smartphone?
Not a problem, the fitness instructions are also displayed on the sign. View a sample sign (PDF, 328 KB).
How the QR Fitness Trails work
- Start out at your favorite trail
- Locate sign #1 and follow the fitness instructions displayed or use the QR scanner software on your smartphone to view the fitness demo video
- Continue through to signs #2 to #7 for various exercises at your desired workout level
Fitness trail locations
- Bayfront Park - 200 Harbour Front Drive, Hamilton by Bay Street
- Bellagio Park - 50 Bellagio Avenue, Glanbrook
- Chedoke Radial Trail - 563 Aberdeen Avenue, Hamilton (golf course entry)
- Fairgrounds Community Park - 305 Fall Fair Way, Binbrook
- Hamilton-Brantford Rail Trail - just south of 96 Emerson Street, Hamilton
- Joe Sam’s Leisure Park - 752 Centre Rd, Waterdown
- Lake Pointe Park - Springstead Ave & Westhampton Way, Winona
- Meadowlands Park -160 Meadowlands Blvd, Ancaster
- Newlands Park - 137 Lynbrook Drive, Hamilton
- Sackville Hill Park Pathway - 780 Upper Wentworth Street, Hamilton
- Southampton Estates Park - 185 Thames Way, Mount Hope
- Strabane Park - 1315 Brock Rd, Flamborough (7th Concession and Brock Rd)
- T.B. McQuesten Community Park - 1199 Upper Wentworth St. Hamilton, south of Limeridge Rd E
- Valley Park - 970 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek
- Veterans Memorial Park - 105 Huntingwood Avenue, Dundas
What QR Fitness Trails provide
QR Fitness Trails provide:
- Free alternative fitness opportunities
- Guided routines by certified trainers
- A family-friendly exercise experience
- Three skill level options
- Enjoyable outdoor recreation spaces
Sport and Recreation Communities Fund
QR Trails are made possible thanks to the generous contribution of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport through the Sport and Recreation Communities Fund.
- Date modified: