The Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program is for low to moderate-income residents who rent in Hamilton, and want to buy a home.
After 3:30 pm on May 3, 2018 you can download an application (PDF, 365 KB) for this funding and submit it in person at the Housing Services office at 181 Main Street West, 3rd Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 4S1.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Have been renting in the City of Hamilton for at least the last 6 months
- Do not currently own a home or property
- Be a legal resident of Canada and intend to have this home as their one and only residence
- Qualify for a mortgage with a maximum home price of $375,000 (verification from a federally recognized bank or credit union)
- Have a combined maximum gross income of $80,000 annual income of all members of the household
- Do not have, and are not in a spousal relationship, including a same-sex spousal relationship with a person that has, any form of interest in ownership of a property
(Students are not eligible to apply for this program)
Housing Administration Clerk
905-546-2424 ext 1554
- Date modified: