The Housing Stability Benefit or HSB helps Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works recipients and people with low income maintain their housing.
- ODSP and OW recipients can receive help with last month's rent, rent arrears, appliances, moving costs, and mattresses for adults, bed for children, utility arrears and bed bug preparation and prevention.
- People with low income can receive help with utility and rent arrears.
Housing Stability Benefit eligibility criteria:
- Approved applicants are eligible for a maximum amount of money in a 24-month period.
- HSB will not be given to anyone who is setting up a residence outside of Hamilton.
- HSB is not a mandatory benefit.
How to apply for the Housing Stability Benefit
OW recipients can apply through Housing Services or online by completing the Request for Housing Stability Benefit Request Form (PDF, 159 KB)
Are you using a mobile device? You will need to download a free mobile app and PDF viewer to complete the fillable forms.
Housing Services Division
350 King St East, Suite 110
Low-income and ODSP recipients can apply at the Hamilton Housing Help Centre:
Hamilton Housing Help Centre
119 Main St. East
Funding for the Housing Stability Benefit is provided by the City of Hamilton
- Date modified: