About Emergency Assistance
If you are in an emergency situation and you live in Ontario, you might be eligible for emergency assistance.
If you are eligible for emergency assistance, the amount you get will depend on your specific situation. In most cases you will not get more than what you would get on Ontario Works.
For example, you may get:
- approximately $733 for a month if you are a single person and need help paying for food and shelter
- more if you have children
- up to 48 days of support depending on your specific situation
You may qualify if you live in Ontario (not a visitor or tourist), are in a crisis or emergency situation, and do not have enough money for things like food and housing. For example, a crisis or emergency includes situations where you:
- have been affected by COVID-19
- are being evicted from your home
- are in or are leaving an abusive relationship
- are worried about your safety
You are not eligible if you:
- already receive assistance from Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program
You can apply online or by calling 905-546-4800.
- Date modified: