Receiving Ontario Works

T5007 Statements

Please be advised that T5007’s will be mailed to social assistance recipients in the month of February.  It is important to file your income taxes. The income on the T5007 is used to calculate tax credits like the GST credit and Child Tax Benefit. For more information about filing your tax return, please visit

Free tax clinic

Visit Revenue Canada Tax Preparation Clinics to find a free tax clinic near you.

Replacement T5007

If you need a replacement T5007 because you have moved or the amount on the T5007 is incorrect, please call 905-546-4800 - option 5  after February 19, 2017.

Important Notice

You can now use your Ontario Health Card to access drug coverage under the Ontario Works Program. Beginning December 1, 2016, paper drug cards will no longer be available.
If you do not have a Ontario Health Card, call your Ontario Works Case Manager at 905-546-4800.

Learn more about the drug card changes English version (PDF, 353 KB) French version (PDF, 321 KB) 

Rights and Responsibilities as an Ontario Works client

The Ontario Works program strives to balance client needs with individual responsibility. Visit the Ministry of Community and Social Services website to learn more about your rights and responsibilities as an Ontario Works client.

Forms and Information for Ontario Works Clients

The following information is for those who are receiving Ontario Works benefits.

Information for Ontario Works Clients

Social assistance in Ontario: Links to helpful resources

You will receive a 9-digit member ID and a 4-digit PIN number in two separate mailings. Both of these numbers are required to access your case file. This service is available:

Monday to Friday from 8 am to 9 pm
Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon to 5 pm
To Reset PIN: Press 1 – English instructions, Enter your 9 digit Member ID, Press 0 for the Help Desk and they will reset your PIN.

You can receive information about:

  • Most recent cheque date and amount
  • Previous cheque history (payments within the last 45 days)
  • Current overpayment balance (if applicable)
  • Case status (ongoing, suspended or terminated)

All Ontario Works monthly cheques and direct deposits will be dated and cashable for the last business day every month effective immediately. If any questions, please speak with your case manager.

Benefit Month Payment Date
(The date you receive your payment is dependent upon Canada Post and the banks)
January 2017 December 30, 2016
February January 31, 2017
March February 28, 2017
April March 31, 2017
May April 28, 2017
June May 31, 2017
July June 30, 2017
August July 31, 2017
September August 31, 2017
October September 29, 2017
November October 31, 2017
December November 30, 2017

Do not complete and sign the SOI before the 16th of each month as all income must be declared from the 16th of the previous month to the 15th of the current month. 

The SOI can be dropped off at the closest OW office or mailed to the office location indicated on the SOI. 

If you have more than two members of your family that are working, either request an additional SOI form from reception or copy the one you receive in order to record all earnings of all family members. 

If your Statement of Income is not received by the 16th of each month, or if it is not complete or correct, there may be a delay in your Ontario Works Financial Assistance.

Important: If you are not sure how to report your income, contact your Case Manager.

1. You are not required to submit a Statement of Income (SOI) if you have been advised by your Case Manager. This may occur if:

  • You do not have any income or earnings to report
  • Your income does not change on a monthly basis (Canada Pension Plan, Support payments that are the same each month, roomer or boarder income etc.)

2. You must continue to, or start to, submit a Statement of Income on the 16th of each month, if:

  • You have a new source of income (attach your income stubs to your SOI)
  • You have ongoing earnings and/or training allowances (attach your pay stubs to your SOI)
  • You have casual earnings from employment (attach your pay stubs to your SOI)
  • You are expecting a source of income to come into pay in the future (Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance Benefits, Support) 

Review the instructions on how to complete a Statement of Income (SOI) (PDF, 120 KB)

New Statement of Income (SOI) and Changes Report forms

There are benefits available to help you pay for job start-up costs like new clothes, work boots, a haircut, tools and day care. If you have been receiving assistance for 3 months or longer, you can earn up to $200 each month without it affecting your assistance. Every dollar you earn over $200 will reduce your income support by $.50. For example - your monthly earnings is $350. You keep the first $200 without affecting your assistance. From the remaining $150, only $75 would be deducted from your income support. Speak to your Case Manager about this and other benefits that may be available to you.

Employment Counsellors can give you assistance and direction to help you be successful in your job search. Employment programs are available to help you upgrade your skills and education, choose a career, develop your resume, prepare for interviews and assist with job placement. Speak to your Case Manager about this and other benefits that may be available to you.

  • Jobs at the City of Hamilton
    View and apply for career opportunities, or learn more about working at the City of Hamilton.
  • Jobs Hamilton
    Browse listings of jobs available to Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program participants. Speak to your Employment Consultant on how to apply for these positions.
  • WinHamilton - The Workforce Information Network
    Find information on services that assist job seekers and the Hamilton community to discover local employment, training, and upgrading programs.

Comments or Feedback on our Service

Providing excellent service is important to us. If you would like to provide comments or feedback on any of the services you have received, please send an email to or call 905-546-2424 ext. 4156.