Business Licences

Park Permits for Food Service Vehicles

Business Licensing
We have reopened in-person counters for regular business hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm):

  • Monday to Friday at City Hall, 71 Main St. W., 1st Floor
  • Monday and Wednesday at 330 Wentworth St. N., Hamilton

Business Licence applications or renewals can be submitted 7 days a week to [email protected]

Questions for staff? Contact us 5 days a week by email [email protected] or phone at 905 546-2782 option 3.

The City of Hamilton is making it easier for food trucks to operate in parks. As part of the Open for Business initiative, City Council approved the creation of a new Park Permit for City of Hamilton Food Service Vehicle licence holders.

Park Permit

Park Permit holders will be able to operate food service vehicles more easily in these City of Hamilton parks, providing they adhere to the specific park regulations:

  • Bayfront Park, 200 Harbour Front Drive, Hamilton
  • Confederation Park ,Van Wagers Beach Road, Hamilton
  • Gage Park, 1000 Main Street East, Hamilton
  • Heritage Green Park, 447 First Road West, Stoney Creek
  • Pier 4 Park, 64 Leander Drive, Hamilton
  • Sam Lawrence Park, Concession Street, Hamilton
  • Turner Park, 344 Rymal Road East, Hamilton
  • Valley Park, 970 Paramount Drive, Stoney Creek

In order to use the parks, interested Food Service Vehicle licence holders must apply for a Park Permit. 

To apply for a  Park Permit, you will need to:

Licensing and By-Law Services
330 Wentworth St N, Hamilton, ON

  • Food Service Vehicles may not enter a park that is holding a special event unless by invitation of the Special Event Organizer
  • No more than 3 trucks will be permitted in any one park, at any one time. 
  • Food Service Vehicles must adhere to all rules within the General Provisions and Schedule 6 of City of Hamilton Licensing Bylaw No. 07-170 (PDF, 2 MB).
  • Permits are valid from 7 am until 11 pm daily, or until the time in which the park closes - whichever occurs first.
  • Park Permits must be displayed at all times, in a prominent spot, while operating.
  • Required to leave the assigned location in a clean, litter-free condition and acknowledge that participation in the City’s waste diversion program is encouraged.
  • Food Service Vehicle Licence must be in good standing and failure to do so will void any issued permits.
  • Permits may not be transferred to another vehicle vendor and are applicable only to the vehicle specified on the application.

Contact us

For questions about the programs, contact:
Licensing and By-law Services
330 Wentworth St N
Hamilton, ON L8L 5W3
Phone: 905-546-2782 option 3
Email: [email protected]